Houng King, L.Ac, CMD
Mr. Houng King was born in Tien Tsin, China in the 1940's. As a child, he began his training in
acupuncture under his parents' tutelage. His grandparents and parents were very successful,
well-respected acupuncturists in China. They helped lay the solid foundation for Mr. King's uncommon skill
in this field. Supplementing his home training, he received both his formal certification in acupuncture from
the China Scientific Acupuncture Research Center and his doctoral certification in Chinese Medicine in
Shortly after certification, Mr. King served at the #863
field hospital in Hsin Chu, China. Due to his outstanding
performance, he was chosen to teach three classes in
acupuncture to approximately eighty students in China.
Subsequently, he served as the Senior Acupuncture
Investigator for the Navy, Army and Air Force General
Hospital and the Chinese National Red Cross Society
Clinic. Because of his acupuncture expertise and his
devotion to religion, the Christian Acupuncture Center
invited him from China to join them in their work in
Mr. King is certified and licensed as an acupuncturist by
the United States National Commission for the
Certification of Acupuncturists (NCCAOM) and by the
state Executive Director of both the Acupuncture Center
of Frederick and the Tri-Service Clinic in Bethesda,
Maryland. He is co-founder of Maryland Institute of
Traditional Chinese Medicine, an accredited school in
Bethesda, Maryland. Mr. King was selected by the
Frederick County, Maryland Health Department to serve
as its Chief Acupuncturist in the Substance Abuse
Program for the last four years. He is the first
acupuncturist selected by TECRO (former Chinese
Embassy) as its health provider.
Recognized for his many accomplishments and
community services, Mr. King was awarded an Honorary
Doctorate Degree by Southeastern University, an
accredited school in Washington, D.C. He also was
recognized as an "Illustrious Humanitarian" in Who's Who
in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, published by the
Chinese Medical Academy.
In the year 2000, Dr. Sung Nien Yoh, former President of
the National Taichung Institute Of Technology, invited Mr.
King to visit China Medical College and Chang Gung
Memorial Hospital in Taiwan. At the same time, Mr. King
participated in the International Chinese Medicine
Conference held in Beijing, China. He brought back new
techniques while updating and expanding his wealth of
Mr. King is one of the leading acupuncturists in the
Washington - Metropolitan and Frederick, Maryland areas.
His success as a "healer" is the result of over 35 years of
vast clinical experience, knowledge, sensitive intuition and
a sincere dedication to his patients' well- being. He is the
only acupuncturist selected as "Top Doctor" by
Washingtonian Magazine for 2003.
In addition to his professional role, he is a devoted
husband and a father of two sons. His elder son has
already graduated with a Master's degree in Chinese
medicine. As of 2011, his son Alexander King has joined
his practice as a 4th generation Traditional Chinese
There are approximatel from 5,000 to 7,000 patient visits
per year to these clinics. Many of his patients spent from 2
to 4 hours driving to their treatments. Mr. King wants to say
thank you for of his patient's confidence in him and
- Licensed Acupuncturist in Maryland state.
- Diplomat in Acupuncture by National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental
- One of the leading acupuncturists in Maryland, D.C., and Virginia states.
- Third generation Acupuncturist. Received training since early childhood from family.
- Completed acupuncture training from China Scientific Acupuncture Research Center in 1972.
- Over 35 years of experience.
- Taught acupuncture in China.
- Military service, No. 863, Field Hospital, Hsin Chu, China.
- Acupuncture Physician with Taipei Cheng Chung Lions Club, China.
- Doctoral Certificate in Chinese Medicine from Chinese government.
- Certificate of Attendance at the American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Honorary Doctorate Degree from Southeastern University, Washington D.C.
- Recognized as an "Illustrious Humanitarian" in Who's Who in Acupuncture and Oriental
Medicine, published by the Chinese Medical Academy 1995.
- The only Licensed Acupuncturist selected to participate in The Prudential Health Care Plans
- The first acupuncturist selected by Chinese Government as their heath care provider in
Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC.
- Selected as the Chief Acupuncturist for the Substance Abuse Program in the Frederick County
Heath Department in Maryland (4 years).
- Co- founder of Maryland Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, former Treasurer on Board
- Former acupuncture physician with Chinese National Red Cross Society Clinic in China.
- Former senior Acupuncture investigator at Navy, Army and Air force General Hospital in China.
- Was featured on the cover page of How2USA magazine.
- Awarded Lifetime Medical Achievement award in 2008-2009.
Houng King and Evadne Yu are featured as the
cover story of the Olympic edition of the
prestigious "How 2 USA" magazine in 2008. In the
magazine, Houng King is recognized as part of the
top 100 Traditional Oriental Medicine doctors and a
true Chinese medicine celebrity in America. To
read the article in Chinese as it was featured in the
magazine, please visit
Houng King is rewarded with the Who's Who All
Chinese Lifetime Medical Achievement award in
Chenxi Yang, M.S., L.Ac
Chenxi Yang was born into a family with a long history in Chinese Medicine. Since youth, she has admired and is
greatly influenced by her grandparents and parents. She started her training in the field of Chinese Medicine at the
age of 12. She was admitted to the Yunnan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine. After extensive studies in
Acupuncture and bedside medicine, she graduated in 1987 with her master's degree in 1987. The same year, she
began her work in the Yunnan Provincial Hospital at Kunming's Acupuncture Department as Chief Doctor. After
gaining over ten years of experience as an Acupuncturist, she was selected to do research study on Acupuncture
treatment of the after-effects of head trauma in Austin, Texas. Her work in the study gained her a Honorary Citizen
of the City of Austin from the Mayor of Austin and a Honorary Citizen of the State of Texas from the Governor of
Chenxi Yang is certified and licensed as an acupuncturist by the United Staes Natioal Commision for the certification
of acupuncturists (NCCAOM) and by the state of Maryland and Virginia. She is also certified an oriental medicine
doctor by NCCAOM.
|Excellent Chinese Entrepreneur award.
© 2008 HoungKing.com All Rights Reserved.
Tri Service Clinic
196 Thomas Johnson Dr. #125
Frederick, MD 21702
|Tri Service Clinic
TCM & Acupuncture Center